Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Animal Wednesday: Canadian Critters


Well, I'm back from my Canadian excursion to Ottawa. It was wonderful getting away and seeing my dear Uncle who turns 84 today.
Look, they have black squirrels!! I'll bet Emma would have gone nuts!


Usually my Uncle chases them away, but this guy just froze wondering who the heck I was. I think our squirrels are a bit prettier. He's kind of cool though!


He finally decided to scurry up the pine tree just in case I went psycho on him :)


This sweet little girl sits in her shop window overlooking the patio area where they sell yard items. I bought a very cool raven wall thingy for outside. I'll take a photo of it once I decide where to put it.


This is Miss Kitty, but the owners often refer to her as Miss Shi--y!
I guess she has an attitude problem. She let me photograph her for a moment though!


I guess our session is over!
We had the best meals at her house. And we finally got to meet the wonderful couple who befriended my Uncle after my Aunt passed away.
Thank you Annette and Monty♥


Here's my Uncle's Java Finch, Charlie...or Charlene, we're not sure! But what beautiful tunes she sings. So wonderful having tea with her in the morning. She flits around the cage so fast that it was hard photographing her. This is the best I could do!


And finally, one of the yummy bottles of wine I bought at their fabulous Grog Shop.
I loved the label as well as the contents :P
I'll show town pictures eventually. But for now,
Happy Animal Wednesday from Canada!

21 comments:

  1. I've got a Canadian critter today too. I've never seen a black squirrel before, love the other photos of cats, birds and 5-legged dogs :) HAW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there BS,
    Love the photos! Isn't it great you, KJ and I were all "on the road" this weekend! A-ha-ha!

    The only other places I have seen Black Squirrels is in NY's Central Park! They are so cute!

    The kitty photos are so cute - and your Uncle's bird (male or female) is adorable!

    As for the "Fifth Leg"...too funny! And...how nice it was a decent wine!

    I am SO HAPPY you and Bri went North for this visit!

    Love,

    ♥ LS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a wonderful trip.
    Love the black squirrel!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fine, relaxing time. Happy Birthday to your dear Uncle!

    Lovely photos of the black squirrels. They must be Eastern...we have grey and red squirrels, but I haven't seen black. They look quite different...longer tails, I think!

    You've certainly got a way with your camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black squirrels seem so exotic. I am glad you had a good time. It is always fun to taste test the local wine. HAW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't think i have ever seen a black squirrel lo. this follows bimbimbee's family of magpies in her yard: all these wonderful animal sightings from the vantage point of my deskchair!

    i'm so glad canada was good and smooth. gettting away is such a nice break, that's for sure.

    like, a little trip to ptown. or northampton. or barrington. or chicago... :^)

    this reminded me that you would love to see all gordon's wine labels.

    welcome back, pumpkin

    xoxo
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a wonderful trip to see your uncle. there are black squirrels in Ohio. Good to be home again, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun Canadian animal journey. Thanks for taking me along :) Welcome home! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh my,you sisters travel a lot....good for you.
    xxxMar and Mr.B(next year come to me,please)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool pictures of animals along the way...... Love that black squirrel!!!
    And that Canadian Bliss behind the window.
    Glad we are all home save again! With good memories. Next year we have to cheers with the 4 of us!

    HAW!
    ♥♥♥
    >M<

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its 'critter' day for sure. We have black squirrels here also.
    Sounds like fun time for you and your Uncle. I think that bird is a male, they are usually the singers.

    HAW

    ReplyDelete
  12. All day I kept thinking I was missing something - but what I kept thinking? nothing special that I have to do on Thursday...DUH!@!!! it's wednesday dopey mim!!!!

    lovely pics lo - glad you saw those black squirrels - we had them in NYC, but not around here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting squirrels. Id do think the gray ones are a bit friendlier looking, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Miss Kitty, she looks like my little one. I think all torties are little devils.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore the photo of Ms Kitty/Shi--y, she is very pretty.

    Loved all the animal photos. Hope to see more in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just looked up where Ottawa is, because I didn't have a good idea of where you were......
    My gosh you really drove a long way!!!! Glad we are all safe at home again.
    And I love Sauvignon Blanc!!! Wonderful bottle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! So glad you had a great time Lo, Canada is such a beautiful place. I've never seen a black squirrel, it looks very cool. I'm sure your uncle was happy to have you there, and all his animals too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the post and the pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the way you go all that way to Canada and come back with animal photos, that is so 'you'. Glad it was wonderful, that's what life is all about- making memories.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So fun seeing all the sights on your trip. Sounds like you had a really good time.
    I've not seen a black squirrel before either. Yeah, I think our are prettier.

    ReplyDelete