Friday, January 14, 2011

Illustration Friday: Chicken


"The Imposter"

C'mon, did you really expect the raven Queen to paint a chicken?

The Sketchbook Project deadline has been extended a few days which gave me time to whip this up. Have a great weekend everyone!

Oh those trickster ravens ;)


acrylic paint and colored pencil on patterned paper for Illustration Friday

32 comments:

  1. I'm shocked, you did a chicken! But, that a chicken with Drama...lol! Fabulous as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine a raven having fun tricking people into thinking it was a chicken. Ha... Great sketch. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! Sneaky clever Raven. :))I wonder how many others didn't get their sketch books done on time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAlo!!!!

    oh how your wicked wonderful mind works

    ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great twist on the topic. And as always, I LOVE your rich colors. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool take on the subject!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!!!! I had to do a double take! This is great!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Too funny.....
    Have a sunny day,here they promissed it,but its Grey (((;luckily I have my Sunshinebeaudor.
    xxxMar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very cute and funny. At first I thought - hey...that's a funny looking chicken....but that clever raven fooled me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are so clever. glad you have a few more days to finish. hurrah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAH! Lo, you are too funny! I love his expression - like "I dare you to prove I am NOT a chicken!" Hee hee. I wonder if he can cluck. xox!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, that old trickster Raven has imbued your spirit! This is a fabulous Raven Chick...I love the look in her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i would like a chicken hat just like that! i love your version of chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I saw what "the word" was, I WONDERED how you were going to interpret it......

    "Trickster Raven" indeed! PRICELESS!!!!! And adorable!!!!

    Brava, dear "BS'!

    Love,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. A true raven. They are the tricksters of the bird world, along with magpies but I think they are the same family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!!! I love it! That raven is all *cocky* in it's haberdashery! That knowing glint, those shiny eyes, a little beak-smirk.....
    Who's Cock of the Walk NOW??? ;-D

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh I love your chicken!!! what a wonderful piece....

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great - so wonderful you managed to get your ravens in

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol, like it :-D Beautiful texture in the background too. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clever raven - clever Laurel :> love it!!! And so glad you got my gift to you - I do hope you keep it close by to remind yourself....

    L.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh fabulous, and oh so clever! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahaha!
    Such a clever take!
    No I wouldn't expect anything else!!!!
    Only you can do this!
    What a perfect illo!
    Is it for the book or is it a bigger one?
    Anyway I LOVE it! So you, so creative!

    Stay on that roll dear!!!!!!

    ♥♥♥
    >M<

    ReplyDelete
  24. Chickens need love too, you know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very clever! ;-) Thanks for your kind and amusing comments on my own piece!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha! Perfect! You stayed true to yourself :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great take on the theme! Wonderful - wonderful - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Laurel! I love this! Nice twist on the theme and your raven ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete