Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Animal Wednesday: I have begun!


Many of you know I've joined the Sketchbook Project revolution with thousands of other artists across the globe. Please click on the link to learn more about it in case you don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
This blank journal has been on my desk for a month. I know it will be filled with both realism and whimsy. My theme is "It's Raining Cats and Dogs."
This morning I looked at that darn blank cover and decided to just jump in!
I won't (for once) criticize it and say what I see wrong with it. I'm just going to fill these pages and let them be what they will be.
So, many more Animal Wednesdays to follow will show the progress of this little book.
I look forward to sharing it with you! 
Happy Animal Wednesday ;)
xoxo♥

9 comments:

  1. You are off to a "Great" Greyhound start! Wow! I see the emotion behind the face..... that's what is so stunning in your work.
    Wow! (And I mean it.)

    HAW!

    Love,

    ♥ Your Sista of the Silver Shoes ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. So glad you are forgoing the self-criticism. What a downer that kinda stuff is. This project sounds like fun.

    You know, I heard that young man, Heather's son, tell you so sweetly "You are very talented." What a doll and so right on!!! Beam in it, bask in it, take pleasure in your talented self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wednesdays will be especially wonderful with your latest additions to the sketchbook being posted. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be fun to follow. I love this dog picture. I looks like Anabelle next door. She is a whippet. Annie and she are best buds. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful front cover! I just love that soft colouring and the shiny nose is too cute!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm going to love your sketchbook. I decided not to do it this go round, but I may next year. I look forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oeps I commented here but it didn't show up......... Must have been yesterday when the connection was very bad :(
    This is a sweetheart dear! I love these kind of dogs gentle and strong at the same time. I have a weak spot for them.
    Somehow they make me think of Robin as well.......
    I am missing you dear!

    love
    ♥♥♥
    >M<

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOOOH YEAH! What a perfect theme for you! Love both the front and back covers...Wonderfully smashing illos Laurel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete