The wonderful, creative Indigene has tagged me with an award that has been given to me before, but this time I'm supposed to list seven things I love.
I'm not going to list my top three ( family, friends and pets) because they're a given! I couldn't live without any of them. Instead, I've chosen to list seven simple things that bring me joy.
1) Helping animals. It's my absolute calling~no question.
2) Taking photos of dramatic skies! Here are a few.
3) Being at the ocean. It restores me. Even if the sea is restless, I'm calm.
4) Lately I'm feeling the need to nest more. I'm enjoying being home after 2 years of art openings. I'm reconnecting with my space and my husband.
5) I'm addicted to notepads!! I make lists every day and I love choosing a whimsical, funky, quirky, artsy or beautiful pad to list my 'to do's" on.
They make me smile!
6) Turquoise and silver jewelry. But not the heavy Southwest stuff so much. I like necklaces that have some heft and size, and I like a short dangly earring. But no squashblossoms for me! When I was younger I could wear them, but now I'm a bit more "understated." Besides, they have to be in sync with my Chuck Taylors that I wear nearly every day ( for the kid in me!)
7) I love writing letters and cards. Most of my recipients are elderly relatives who refuse to have anything to do with a computer, but I try to send something pretty through the mail just because it's a nice thing to receive. It beats getting bills (which I refer to as hate mail!) I also like to make my own matching envelope or decorate a plain envelope with stamps, etc. Oh...and the postage stamp must match the color scheme! What can I say. Lately I've been putting my own images on postage through Zazzle.com :)
Please help yourselves to this award and list 7 things you love IF you want to participate! I'd love to see what you choose to list. Seven isn't very many! (I could have gone on forever.)