Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Mellow Yellow


This post has taken a turn from my original plans. I was going to post some goodies I was lucky to receive from some of you wonderful ladies, but now that I opened my mail not fifteen minutes ago I knew I had to make this post about Renee.
I promised myself to always keep fresh yellow flowers in my studio as a way of always having her spirit with me. Yellow was her favorite color and she adored fresh flowers.
So after putting the flowers in water I go to the mailbox and there's a package from Margaret at Waterblossoms. Most of you already know her and love her as I do.
She did a post about Renee (here) on March 15th. Margaret really picked up on the essence of Renee's spirit immediately and conveyed it beautifully in her post and in the beautiful ATC she painted.
Today, as part of the package she sent me is the original ATC and printouts of the post and all the comments and a beautiful card thanking me for introducing her to Renee.
This is the original ATC in all its glory. It's a sight to behold in person, really.
Peg said that as she painted it it was as if she had a butterfly on her shoulder telling her muse what to do, line by line, brushful by brushful. She went on to write,
"It sang of renewal and light and rebirth...it sang of the lessons I personally gleaned from Renee...it sang of a free spirit and serenity. This original belongs to you~I will have it no other way...thanks for sharing Renee with me!" Peg ♥
Thanks so much Peg. You have no idea how much that moved me.
This is the stunning card and envelope it came in. Sorry for the shadows, I was just trying to find some natural light and the kitchen was the only sunny spot.
More goodies from her (and more shadows!)
This wonderful tin box really intrigued me. I opened it up and saw a string hanging out which contained this little pink package with a tag that read: "Handmade bookmark~I use mine in my sketchbook. The beads on yours reminded me of your clarity and focus and spirituality. Notice one bead is for your life in California too!"
I wish the pictures were better, but I think you get the idea of the beauty!
And look what was inside the box besides the little bookmark. Another stunning ATC of one of her amazing hearts. This one is called 'Rhapsody in Blue.'
It reads : Thinking of you and the love and positive energy you give to all. Thanks for your insights and freshness. I always feel a warm wave of serenity from your art." 
Ditto Ms. Margaret (Peg) Waterblossom! ♥♥♥


Here is the stunning original!

And here is a wonderful ATC print that was in the butterfly card saying "May your artistic muse continue to flourish and grow in this season of renewal."
I can tell you it flourishes because of all of you and your continued support ;)

On a closing note, KJ is putting together a chapbook of what Renee meant to all of us. If you'd like to know more about it and would like to be included no matter how briefly you knew her, please let KJ know on her blog. The book is "Renee's Book of Love."

I haven't been too well for some time now and one of the gifts Renee gave to me is when she said she wished she had taken better care of herself. I've heard those words from so many people, myself included, but it was just lip-service. This time I heard them loud and clear and decided to do what it takes to get back in the race and be healthy. I've had a lot of tests lately, some results are not so great but I can turn all of it around.
I'm on a good pace and I'm not looking back. I'm looking ahead to at least 40 more years!
In her dying words she gave me the gift of life. Maybe because I was ready. Or maybe I was just waiting for the right messenger. Either way, I'm on my way to good health and I'm grateful.
Please run over to KJ's!! Thank you, and lots of love from me. xoxo ♥ 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what gorgous art from Margaret. And such heart felt messages for you in them. Each piece, part, thing, special and filled with love. It shines. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    I am happy for you on this journey to good health. Happy that you are choosing to live in a healthful way. You deserve to feel good, to be able to enjoy life to it's fullest. I hope and know that every day will just get better and better and better for you in every way. Enjoy the journey. Life is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. this brought tears to my eyes. Lovely tribute to renee, Wish I had known her. Peg is one awesome artist. Love her ATCs. Glad you are taking care of your health. I have been working on mine too. We can try to sweep it under the rug, so to speak, but it does come back to bite us if we dont take care of ourselves. Thanks for the encouragement to continue the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That brought tears to my eyes, I am not kidding. I'm sitting here sniffling...Renee was soooo special, she will NEVER be forgotten and lives in on so many people.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lump in my throat, at all these messages, and also knowing that this is 'your' time lo, now. you've done it, you've taken that first step and i am so damned proud of you, ans so would renee be too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work...and let's do that journey together. I'm a slug and embarrassed by it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a heart-full post Lolo.That Margaret sure knows how to uplift and inspire a person, much as you do. As I said before I wish I had gotten to know Renee. She was a blessing to many. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have trouble explaining to friends what blogging means to me...this is what it means...people like you, like Renee...knowing you are out there just makes life more meaningful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Art by Peg is always fabulous, but this is all just SO specialand meaningful.
    It's good to hear that you are inspired to get in a better place with your health too! Good luck Laurel - I'm rooting for you. xx

    ReplyDelete