Saturday, April 27, 2013




I'm trying to move my body more by doing things outside. I was raking and bagging all the browns from Autumn and Winter to make room for the greens of Spring and Summer. I saw this beautiful Mourning Dove on the leaves, obviously not dead for long. I cradled her and admired her beauty and then set her down in front of the cherub statue who is already caring for a bird.
I made a card with the photo and used this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
"It's not the length of life, but the depth of life."

Yes indeed.
xoxo
lo

11 comments:

  1. Your beautiful act of mercy and kindness adds so much to Emerson's words.... a heartfelt act, dear BS....one of the gazillion reasons why I love you! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh lo. Beautiful and unsettling both, I imagine, to come across this mourning dove, its colors so vibrant. What a picture you've created: to me it is eerily haunting and reverent at the same time

    I looked up the totem. Okay, fine, I said. Now give lo some peace!!

    I wish you were here. At the moment it is 3:36 am and mr chase who needs to pee will not exit the front door or the back door is statuesque in his resolve.

    No pee in peetown. It's just not right

    Love love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dove is lucky to have had you find it and give it proper homage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, all. I really did hold her for a while. Such a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and haunting. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow... How pretty!
    Liza
    www.lizakekky.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am officially missing your blog and missing your new art work. Come baaaack, moon glow !

    Love
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss you how are you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. When when when are you going to blog again?!!!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh beautiful and touching.
    Such as life.............
    You gave him a worthy goodbye from this world
    ♥M

    ReplyDelete