Saturday, October 13, 2012

Illustration Friday: Water



This is a tiny painting I did called "Ebb and Flow."
I don't do many abstracts. I try, really I do, but the detail freak in me comes out!

I'm learning to go with the flow lately.

I lost a dear, dear friend the other day. She lost a short but valiant battle to cancer. I got to say "I love you and so long" on the phone as the nurses were putting in her morphine drip. It was very tough.

I have a torn meniscus in my knee. Big deal, but the other knee is painful as well. I see the orthopedic guy on Halloween. Scary!
I know surgery is in my future and I can't afford to be absent even one day from work. This too shall pass.

I'm ready to get back to blogging on a regular basis again. My computer issues have finally been resolved, hopefully for good.
I've missed being here!

Oh my, life is always changing.
Ups, downs, curve-balls, wind-falls.
We muddle through.

Thanks for the visit. I hope to see you again  soon :)

love,
Lo


10 comments:

  1. I like it - very peaceful.

    Good luck with the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Gosh sometimes life gives you almost too much to handle.
    You know you are always in my thoughts dear!
    Love this take on water!
    ♥M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a torn meniscus in my knee too! I will send you an e-mail on what I have learned so far. Best of luck with your healing process. Cute little abstract!!! You are getting the hang of it! :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lo, It is so good to see you here. Hate to hear that you lost a good friend. Life can be tough sometimes. Your knee issues can probably all be fixed when the meniscus is fixed. Best of luck with that. I hope to see you around more. I miss you. Love your header picture. I know what you mean about the abstract paintings. I never even try. You are braver than I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im sorry about your friend. so hard. sending blessings. and your knee. oh my. knees and hips, both such delicate areas.

    glad you are back to making art. hugs, suki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the water and hate that you are having troubles. losing a friend is just awful, but you'll never forget her and that is healing. and your poor knee(s). oh dear, oh dear....
    much love mim

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello darling friend, i am so sorry for your loss. losing a good friend has to be one of the saddest events in life. the line is thin, lo: she stays with you, i believe, and those above watch and care for us below xo

    as for your knee: no surgery yet! maybe no surgery needed! but a meniscus tear is so difficult: knees are so darn important. i hope maybe it's not a tear.

    it is always a joy for me when you post. YAY YIPPEE I LOVE IT AND YOU!!!!!!

    most sincerely
    ms. kj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. Thank you so much for your visit and comment! Loved your blog!
    Animals need us to fight against cruelty and I would like to do much more...but I can't at the moment...
    XOXO
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry about your friend. Saying goodbye is never, ever easy... but I hope there is some comfort in that she is at peace. Please know I am sending many positive thoughts and creative energies your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you ginormous (((((HUGS)))))!

    ReplyDelete