One of my friend's cats passed away a few days ago. She was one of the sweetest cats I've ever known. After eight long days in intensive care, Little Girl lost her battle to kidney failure. Sadly, she was a victim of the melamine poisoning recently found in some brands of pet foods.
I remember Little Girl had huge sea glass green eyes.
She liked to sleep in late.
She insisted on drinking from the bathtub faucet several times a day.
When she chased her little foam rubber balls she looked like she needed a front-end alignment. It was hilarious!
She had a delicate 'meow.'
She was kind and gentle.
I never got to say goodbye and I miss her.
Her dear brother Sammy was poisoned by the same food. He's home from the hospital now and is doing much better. I visit him daily to administer fluids to help keep his kidneys flushed. We're all hoping Sammy wins this fight.
I have a feeling Little Girl is right by his side, encouraging him every step of the way.
(For Judy and Carlos, with love....Auntie Laurel)
Watercolor, acrylic washes and many layers of glazing to make Little Girl seem "spirit like."